HW 1.1

Hey, my name is Maya Shaqiri and one word i would use to describe how Im feeling Ā is excited. Iā€™am eager to learn about all this course has to offer and connect with my professor and peers. Although Iā€™am a bit worried since it is something new and it will require a bit of getting used to i don’t have any big concerns, since i do have experience with college leveled courses through high school. My study skills involve of a lot of alone time, listening to music, getting things done as soon as possible as well as having everything planned and scheduled ahead of time. I don’t like procrastinating. One thing i need to learn to do better would be having a set sleep schedule since it does affect on my day. On the other-side being a college student is a bit challenging since it is a transition from being a teenager to an adult and right now Iā€™am full of overwhelming thoughts. I do try to stay away from ā€œwhat ifā€ and just take college and this new experience day by day. There will be stressful days and nights, but in the end theres nothing that you cant achieve.

The image i decided to add is of a sunset in my home country outside of my backyard. I choose it since it reminds me of all the times i spend living there before coming to America. Those times shaped me to who Iā€™am today and remind me that my family back home is really proud off who Iā€™am and becoming.