Fall 2017 | COMD1100_LC08 | Prof. Spevack

Sound Visualizations: Phase 1

For the beginning of this project, I performed certain patterns of lines and shapes while I was listening to my favorite soundtrack, Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts Union X. My sketches were just ways how I draw lines and shape that shapes the sounds of this music. Most of this music is calm and flowing. It also has plenty of repetition and certain beats that provide a lot of emotions of the music.  Overall, this is my favorite music because it makes me feel that my heart has a connection from all of my family and friends I have made in my lifetime.

This took me like about 2 hours to complete this phase, including my sketches. Most of my thumbnails in the image I posted are just ideas of a certain beat that was played in this music. I drew hearts because not only it creates a suspense beat to the music, but it also pictures of how a heart could beat.

By the way, this is an extended soundtrack and the music repeats a lot. So if you just want to listen to a little bit, then up to 3:00 would be a good.

1. Sage Gray

first of all, great choice! Kingdom Hearts is the best! Secondly, I agree with your heart beat concept because while listening to your song I heard heart beat-like shapes as well!!