A couple of thoughts I had about how it should be constructed.
The Final Deck should tell the story of the creation of the app from start to finish.
Start off with talking about the concept presented to you by the client. Go into your initial research and how it informed the decisions you made. Then walk through the process of how you developed the product.
You want to focus on how the research especially the interaction with your users influenced the product’s development.
You also want to focus on the iterative nature of the design process, the number of variations and how each changed based on your experimentation and your interaction with the user.
Front – End Developer Handbook 2018
Samples from previous classes for the final deck.
Remember that nothing is perfect. No matter how good something is it can be better, it can always be improved. The following final decks were all good but I have included some notes on how they could have been improved.
Good Design and concepts but weak on explanation and demonstration of the iterative nature of UX Design.
- Aliver Canaria—FInal Deck.pdf
Good Design and demonstration of the iterative process of UX Design but could have used additional explanation of the process.
- Andy Tsoi – Melodia – FinalDeck.pdf
- AngelicaYip – Final Deck.pdf (One of the shortest good decks ever turned in)
Generally Good overall
- Bryant Alzucar – Quest deck.pdf (Another short but good deck)
- Introduce the App
- What is the purpose of the App? What was the clients original goal?
- Demonstrate your Research
- About in Industry and the Competitors
- Mention what you learned about your users
- Who they are? (the persona), what they do? (the scenario), How they do it? (the journey map)
- Show the Visual Development of the Product
- Mood board
- Style tile
- Screen Flows/Site Maps
- Explain how your product improves the user’s experience.
- Explain how you designed and tested and refined your product.
- Demo Prototype
Remember, at every stage of your presentation you should address how you recognized and solved the problems of your users.
Rubric for the final presentation
|Demonstration of Research||10|
|Application of Research||5|
|Look of App||5|
The first presentation starts at 6:20PM.
Each presenter will be allotted a maximum of 20 minutes.
If you are not present for your slotted time points will be deducted.
Presentation Day 1 — Dec. 12
- Villegas,Natalya M
- Smith,Malik E
- Rodriguez,Giselle B
- Nunez,Erika C
Presentation Day 2 — Dec. 19
- Jones,Brandon A
- Jew,Kelsi D
On Monday I will be hosting a tutorial session at my NYC office to focus specifically on HTML/CSS.
I will be hosting a tutorial session at my workspace in Manhattan.
Monday Nov. 3rd.
5PM – 7PM ( or 8PM maybe)
21 West 46th street between 5th and 6th ave.
To get to my office space you have to be buzzed onto my floor. Upon entering the building take the elevator to the 16th floor. Tell the receptionist that you are there for AGI Training. They will send you to my office on the 8th floor.
Respond to this post or shoot me an email if you are interested in coming to the tutorial session.
Put your files here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/jF7EWwNMrzWcHtGDnEEg
UX PIN Guide to Wireframing