We are used too, in our part of the world, to sleep between 6 to 8 hours block. Will you be amazed if there are other sleep cycles that people sleep to?
- Monophasic – asleep 1/3 of the day. (United States) (After Pre school)
- Biphasic – 4.5 hours sleep at night and 90 minutes nap during the day. (Latin Countries) (New Born to Pre School)
- Everyday – 3 to 4.5 hours sleep at night and two to give 20 minutes nap. (Less common)
- Dymaxion – Four 30 minutes naps. (Extremely less common)
- Uberman – Six 20 minutes naps. (Extremely less common)
According to Matthew Walker, Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of California, very little is know about sleep. In his studies he did find that multiple rest during the day can help retain and improve memory and health overall. Dr. Sara E. Alger from New York City University has also concluded that frequent day time sleep is essential to help strengthen memory retention.
Print this page