Journal Entry 4: Black History Month Magazine Design Assignments

Image from ClipArt Library

Within my time in the non-profit organization, I was assigned to not only design the pages for the articles that was written by the writing department, I was also assigned to design the cover for the February magazine. Considering the organization’s main objective, having a magazine centered around Black History Month is not only appropriate but also a pleasant gesture to celebrate Black individuals for the whole month of February.

The articles I have designed focuses on the many aspects on Black History Month from the activists who contributed to fight for the rights of Black people to the notable Black figure that made a positive impact to society. With that said, I made sure that the designs for the articles and the cover for that digital magazine spread reflects on the overall theme of Black History Month. I have chosen empowering imagery to create the magazine cover. For the articles while I can design it however I want, I still have to use some of the brand’s colors for consistency sake. Overall, doing these tasks for Black History Month is not only inspiring but it is such an engaging task for me to get a better grasp of my graphic designing skills.