Diary of a wimpy kid is a legendary book that is now entrenched in the minds of all young kids and adults who have read it when it was first incepted. The book follows a boy named Greg Heffley, who usually finds himself trying to overcome a predicament. Whether it is him facing growing up, trying not to go to military academy or trying to prevent a secret from getting out. The fashion in which the book is written is with simple and casual language, so that the reader can feel the comedic effect more. The book’s font style appears to be that of a young school kid, which I believe makes the reader more comfortable when reading and not tense as if it were a novel. The signature piece of the Diary of a wimpy kid series is the illustrations that is featured. The illustrations gives the reader something to laugh about when they are following along in the story, such as a character slipping, using the toilet or peeking out the shower, it makes this book one of a kind to read.
I first started reading this book in 2009, back when I was in the fourth grade. My friend brought the book to class and I noticed it was an interesting deep purple color. I asked him what book that was, and he told me “Diary of a wimpy kid”, I then asked if I could borrow it from him and he told me sure. I took it home and started to read it and was very pleased by what I was witnessing, this book was nothing like I have ever read before, it was comedic, depictive and juvenile, this was any child’s dream book. After I finished the book I noticed it wasn’t the first one because I saw the other books in the series somewhere in the back of the book, the book I read was The ugly truth version. I have not read Diary of a wimpy kid since 2011, however, if I had to write a children’s book, I would model it after this one.