Christian Otty 

The Diary of the Wimpy Kid was one of my favorite books from middle school.I started reading the book in the 5th grade.My friend had put me on.I think this is the only book I had read and loved. I really enjoy reading this series because it’s filled with illustrations/ funny characters to go along with the story. The series was humorous and easy to read. Friendship is the major theme of each book, Greg, his somewhat evil older brother Rodrick, his younger brother Manny, and his best friend Rowley Jefferson. I remembered I liked reading the books because it was written as a journal/diary format. It was different from other books. Kids reading these books can relate to it. His life as a loser in middle school and his older brother is the cool one that makes fun of him.  

The author Greg brings out the problems of society when children hang out and play together acting as troublemakers at school, home, and the rule parent’s play to mitigate situations of conflict and peace resolutions in a family. These are all things we go through daily but do not spend time to give a second look at the importance of a diary. I believe from reading the book the Diary of a Wimpy, my thinking and approach about writing a diary in the future have improved, thanks to the author Greg Hefley.