Revised Summary of “Fort Greene Dreams”

Nelson George writes his short memoir ā€œFort Greene Dreamsā€ to describe his life changing move from Jamaica, Queens to Fort Greene, Brooklyn. In this memoir George talks about his new life in Fort Greene, 19 Willoughby Avenue, where as compared to his previous apartments was much more extravagant and spacious. Ā George recalls moving into this neighborhood with fellow film director Spike Lee as well as many other celebrities. Furthermore he goes into detail to discuss how moving to Fort Greene opened his mind into a never ending stream of ideas that he would put into his books. One of the incidents George recalls is when he was sitting in his office looking to write he looked out the window and noticed a perk jumping the fence with a TV and as he was looking to call the cops they were on the scene and he described this as almost a theatrical scene from the show Cops. If I were too look through the memoir I believe that Nelson George would want me to take his lesson to ā€œmeasure myself not by sudden success or rapid failure but by my body of workā€ as he emphasized how he witnessed many had been set astray with either lack of success at first or by too much success to begin with. George goes onto to further explain how he believes that his philosophy gave his perspective and patience into success. In addition to this to basically sum up the era of Fort Greene for nelson George he learned that achieving unrelenting brilliance is his philosophy that he preaches to others and had sought for himself.