Monthly Archives: September 2012

TextMate

After my less than wonderful experience with the Eclipse Ruby implementation (and don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Eclipse for Java development, and also learned a lot about how to configure it for other types of languages in this process), … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Installing an Eclipse with Ruby Plug in

Decided to attempt to get Ruby working in an Eclipse environment.  I am using as my tutorial an article from Digerati and Technology Reports (April 17 2011) by Mike Hubbartt and can be found here. Note this tutorial is only … Continue reading

Eclipse

Ruby on Rails provides plugin support for project development in Eclipse.  Here is a link to how to do this (O’Reilly Media, note this is 2007: will find more recent info). Here you can download an Eclipse Distribution (updated 2009)

Getting Started

This is a great place to start once you have downloaded the Bitnami stack.  With that in place, all the resources are in place to go through this tutorial.   1. Guide Assumptions: Provides some basic resources for Ruby, and … Continue reading

Posted in Tutorial | Leave a comment

Macs need XCode

Jumping ahead a touch (some of this posting is retroactive), it is important that if you want to work in this environment on a Mac that you make sure that XCode is installed.  XCode travels with mac installation disks, but … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Download the Stack

Ruby on Rails can be downloaded as a self contained stack from Bitnami. These are self contained frameworks that contain the complete environment required to work in the Ruby Environment.  I selected Installer for Mac x86.