You know those how it started/how it’s going memes? The end of the semester is never how you imagine it going in Week 1.

Last semester when I asked students to share a meme, video, image, gif, some representation of how it’s going, I shared this one:

Every semester begins with grand intentions and fine details, but they don’t all end that way. Fall 2022 felt like we started out drawing detailed, healthy horse legs, but could barely do better than some stick-figure legs by the end.

This semester, I feel like everyone is in much better shape to deliver on the promises you made to yourselves about your work in ENG 1121. Instead of that incomplete horse, this trotting sparkly unicorn seems like a much better representation of how it’s going!

I hope our final push with this course and all of your others can produce the equivalent of happy unicorns, not skimpy stick figure horse legs.

Need a study break? Share a meme, gif, video, image, phrase, anything to let us know how it’s going.

Let me know if I can help with anything! And please let me know if I’ve missed something you’ve submitted if you want feedback before Tuesday’s due date.

Now go be the sparkly unicorn you were meant to be!