What stood out to me from pages 43 and 44 of ‘Passing’ was the talk of money in the short paragraph.  The nonchalant conversation about the universal gratification that money brings and its forever lasting beauty in the constant achievement of acquiring more of said money.  I feel that no matter what discourse community anyone can speak of, money will always play a factor, a role in its existence, since money is the gateway to all things achievable in life.  My attention was called to the comment Clare made about money, saying, “that’s what everybody wants, just a little more money, even the people who have it.  And I must say, I don’t blame them.  Money’s awfully nice to have.”  It’s a very descriptive comment on something that is in actuality very dystopian.  The fact that all humans in this world wouldn’t mind having more money, with the majority of humanity practically enslaved to the pursuit of the all mighty dollar for whatever purpose it serves them.  We all want more, and more in terms of money is always better since there is no such thing as having too much money.