Looking back on the three projects I finished this semester, I’ve learned a lot about who I am as a writer, reader, student, and college student. I was able to investigate different aspects of education and personal expression by means of the distinct challenges associated with each project.  

In Project 1 : Education Narrative I wrote about my struggle in any kind of maths course throughout the years. Took some time writing my experience with education, how I struggled passing classes that included maths. I reflect on my childhood belief that school should be easier, as I believed older individuals would understand more. I realised that school should challenge individuals to improve, as the harder I think, the harder I was challenging myself. I struggle with Mathematics and have heard teachers emphasise the importance of practice in solving problems. I recall struggling with algebra in middle school, as I struggled to understand the numerous steps involved.In high school, one can discover a lot about themselves, meet new people, and form lifelong friendships. I  interacted with eminent educators who can serve as mentors and provide direction for the future. High school laid the groundwork for morals and work ethic, which are crucial for success. It is essential to strive to be the most successful person, as it helps in understanding oneself and one’s capabilities. I try to remind myself  of this when struggling with something, as it is essential to understand who I am, what I can do, and what I want to be as a young adult in the workplace or a college student. I share my experience with a dislike for maths in high school, which became increasingly difficult over time. Despite multiple attempts at algebra, I struggled to grasp the subject. Eventually, I graduated to pursue their life plans and decided not to stay in high school for algebra alone, as I wanted to move on with my life. This highlights the importance of overcoming my mindset and pursuing my goals.

In Project 2: Reflective Annotated Bibliography, I wrote about how therapy is a vital tool for individuals with mental health issues, providing a safe and supportive environment for exploration of thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. It helps individuals understand the root causes of their mental health issues and develop effective coping strategies. Therapy can be beneficial for everyone, even if it’s not due to a specific trauma, as it helps manage emotions, develop healthy behavior, and shift perspectives. It’s essential for everyone to take therapy at some point in their lives, even if it’s not due to a specific trauma. By understanding how the mind operates, therapy helps individuals manage their emotions, develop healthy behavior, and improve their overall well-being. I also talk about the science behind mental health issues and how therapy can be very affected. Neuroplasticity, a phenomenon involving the brain’s structural and functional changes due to life experiences, has been shown to be influenced by various events such as stimulation, learning, and stress. While certain experiences, like treatment, can help change the brain’s structure and function into a healthy state, it also suggests that certain events or external pressures can cause mental health issues. Research consistently shows that behavioral therapy is as effective as or even more effective than medicine in treating mental health issues like anxiety, depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

In Project 3: Composing in a Genre I go back and look at projects and make an infographic project that specifically talks about mental health in college students. This project aimed to understand the impact of mental health on individuals, particularly teenagers, college students, and young adults, and how therapy can be a helpful outlet for them. The generation’s open-mindedness and willingness to seek help make them more open to seeking help. However, mental health issues can often lead to feelings of judgement and difficulty in expressing feelings or communicating thoughts. The research project and infographic project focused on college students and their mental health issues, emphasising the need for resources to help them get the help they need. Many college students and others struggle with mental health issues and may not know when to seek help or where to seek help. By providing resources and support, society can help these individuals navigate the challenges of mental health and find the support they need.

Through a variety of initiatives, my reading and writing skills have significantly improved. I now have a better knowledge of the various viewpoints and experiences that persons with mental health difficulties have, making me more analytical and sympathetic. As a student, I’ve come to understand the value of extensive research and critical thought. I’ve been more conscious of the need for social support for people dealing with mental health concerns as a result of these undertakings. I now approach projects with a more critical and open-minded perspective, which improves their capacity to successfully evaluate, synthesize, and express complicated concepts. When I think back on the objectives for the semester, I think I’ve accomplished a lot of them, especially in terms of improving my communication and analytical abilities. I stress the value of maintaining resilience and an open mind, viewing every obstacle as a chance for expansion. I feel like this semester has changed me and made me a more aware, competent, and involved part of both their academic and larger communities.