Prof. Jody R. Rosen | LC32 | Fall 2023

Values and Goals

Our core values help define who we are and help shape our goals. Some examples of core values are being creative / artistic, family, friendships, political engagement, independence, learning and gaining knowledge, athletic ability, community, culture, music, spiritual or religious values, sense of humor.

1.  Create a list of your core values.
  2. Create a list of your goals for the future: in this course, in college, or in your future beyond college.
  3. Focusing on one of the core values you list above, write at least one paragraph explaining what the importance of this value in your life says about you.
  4. Write at least one paragraph about how this value relates to your goals for the future.
  5.  Write at least one more paragraph about how improving your writing and communication skills will help you achieve these goals.

1. avery

1. Some of my core values are learning and gaining knowledge, athletic ability and music. I’ve been playing the violin since I was in 3rd grade and went to a performing arts high school because of it. I also currently play softball and have been playing since the 8th grade.

2. Some of my goals in this course and in college are to succeed the best I can and pass with high grades.

3. The importance of the value of my core value of learning and gaining knowledge because being more organized and on top of my work for school can help me better achieve my goals.

4. This value relates to my goals for the future. It’s gonna help me improve as a whole and achieve my goals.

5. Improving my writing and communication skills will help me achieve my goals by using my planner because I have all the important things I need to do in one place for school and it keeps me organized.

2. Madeleni Flores

(1)Create a list of your core values.

• Team work
    • Courage
    • Positive mind
    • Personal growth wellness
    • Financial security 

(2)Create a list of your goals for the future: in this course, in college, or in your future beyond college.

•       Some of my goals for the future in college is to not lose faith and keep my head up and not lose optimism. 
    • Attending  school everyday on time.
    • Networking and making friends
    • Having a stable career, learning how to grow money.

(3)Focusing on one of the core values you list above, write at least one paragraph explaining what the importance of this value in your life says about you.

Having  positive thinking is one core value that is very important to me because it makes me want to get out of my comfort zone and do things i thought i could never do such as actively participating in my classes. It also helps me cope with the possibility of stress. Everyone can get frustrated once in a while and having a positive mind can overcome that.Positive thinking also helps me complete all my to-do list. Sometimes my to-do list gets hefty and having positive thinking can help me complete it all.

(4)Write at least one paragraph about how this value relates to your goals for the future.

Positive thinking can relate in many ways to my future goals such as, not just using it in school but in my personal life. Also as we get older we are more prone to get sick. Having positive thinking can lower blood pressure and decrease the risk of heart attacks and heart disease. Additionally, having positive thinking can help you live a stress free life. Helping one of my goals in being healthy. (https://www.betterup.com/blog/author/shonna-waters-phd

(5)Write at least one more paragraph about how improving your writing and communication skills will help you achieve these goals.

Improving my writing and communication skills can help me achieve my goals of having a stable career because in order to get a career you need to pass your classes in college and to pass having quality writing will give you high grades. High quality writing  helps you with your resume to start your career.  Communication skills are essential to have when trying to have a stable career because most employers are looking for someone to be good at team work.Also communication skills help you with networking.

3. bxby.a

Values and Goals

• Always be open minded for improvements within myself
    • Learn how to be financially organized
    • Stay on top of myself, for fill my self expectations with getting work done
    • Not to Slack with what I give out

4. bxby.a

• Not to Slack with what I give out

It’s very easy to be hesitant or procrastinate so staying in a motive to get stuff done can be challenging. It’s easier to be lazy than to be a hard worker. Staying consistent with what I give out and make sure it’s not less then what I know I can give keep my expectations for myself high. I wouldn’t want my work to seem like I’m getting lazy because that’s would be disappointing for myself that my habits is being shown in my work. So making sure not to slack with what I give out is a priority I plan to stay on top of.

This goal relates to my future because it will show the kind of person I am professionally with my work. If I was to get a job I wouldn’t want them to think I let my personal negative habits block my full potential in my work. It would be unprofessional for my self image being employed. Having my negative habits separate from my work would be positive for myself image and it will show that I know how to balance my personal life with being employed.

• Improving my writing and communicating skills will help improve my achievements in express what’s I want to be expressed more efficiently. Writing and communicating skills is a daily practice used. Improving it will help be more professional and more clear in expressing something. Advancing will help my profession overall.