Managing Workflow, #7

Within the marketplace tech company, I’m tackling numerous tasks like NFTs, banners, motion graphics. As a designer, I’m trying to be as flexible and adaptable as possible in the workplace. I need to get out of my comfort zone and take up more extensive tasks to achieve it. There were was an extremely long project that consisted of 6 athletes CrytoPunks NFTs. It sounds simple if it didn’t include 62 attributes for each one. The project has reached a total of up to 378 multiple versions. Moreover, the shapes of their heads, beard, and hair must be translated & consistent. When working on the avatars, I slowly realized how important to streamline and structure your workflow.

We must plan for the organization of a design via the naming convention, assets management, and exporting. In another project, I had to create video animations of athletes. They need to share the video on multiple platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The designs are all the same but need to be adjusted to fit the different dimensions and sizes. I created a template for the project that allows changes on the fly. Rather than having multiple files, I used only two and linked the assets to them. It should eliminate any headaches and make production faster.

Our job should not be limited to only the aesthetics of the design. We need to look at the bigger picture behind a project or campaign. It requires time to research, plan, and build the art piece. I try to schedule each part of the project to benefit the company. Moreover, the designer receives additional time to perfect the project appearances with buffer time. This work mindset is crucial in my company as they’re constantly striving for convenience and speed. In the end, the company gets to advance much further without having any bumps in the roads that’ll slow them down.

MLA References