Following Guidelines, #5

As I prove my skills to the marketplace company, they become more trusting and willing to give havier tasks. Moreover, they needed to assess my strengths and see how it fits in the overall company. The numerous app template I competed in the past felt like a test based on precision, consistency, and efficiency. The next step was to allow more freedom in creativity. One of my superiors gave me the task of completing the athlete shields.

The shield is a small badge-like banner used to feature an athlete on the website. The design is of an athlete standing in front of a fiery/paint explosion. The athlete has their names placed on top of a painted title frame. They have different color backgrounds assigned to each sport. Currently, the company expects about 18 versions for all of its clients in total. The hardest part is to complete the background graphic and to find high-quality approved images (of the athletes) with no logos. The rest is easy as the design was planned as a template to be reusable endlessly.

Every design that the company has shown so far is a template in one form or another. The designs are great in making the transition for newcomers easier. Also, it’s cost-effective as they have to manage and design for a large client base. The creative director can make changes that the entire team will quickly adapt to on the fly. Furthermore, minimal design mistakes will break company guidelines. It taught me to look at the design’s longevity via its flexibility to be modified and expanded.

MLA References

• Athlete Shields by Ramelvis G. De La Cruz and I Got It Inc.