Working in Production, #4

Lately, I have been completing numerous groups of app templates mentioned in journal blog 1. The app pages consist of a homepage, charter members, charter categories, Item events, item list/pricing, etc. They’re prone to changes depending on the client’s wishes or industry. For example, charter members get fewer pages than the team sets as there are more people. There are specific rules in creating the template that we need to follow. The guidelines allow the workers to be consistent with the brand identity.

One of the projects involving the app templates was the entire Pac-12 Conference. My supervisor assigned me to complete half of the task that included 12 teams or about 72 app pages. It sounds a lot which the higher-ups need the project done asap. These made me nervous about making a mistake that might delay the deadline. However, I found a rhythm in the workflow and took advantage of it by slowly speeding up the progress.

I discovered its importance in how each step is handled within a task as it can affect the time it takes to do the next one. For example, one can quickly copy and paste onto similar assets from one page needed for another. Rather than starting from scratch again, we reuse most materials like mockups, athletes, and body copy. It’s good practice to keep past graphics as one never knows what might happen in the future.

MLA References