Bio 1101 Extra Credit Hw

Merfet Alghuzi 

9/4/19

Bio 1101

My college life experience so far has been really intense. Along with feeling independent and free, I think it’s safe to say that it has been a bit overwhelming. I can definitely understand where people come from when they say college isn’t like highschool. Everyday I learn new things that are beneficial and will help me adapt to this new lifestyle.

Before starting, I heard that first semesters are always frustrating. Personally, I can confirm that this is true. In terms of independence, responsibility is a huge factor. There are alot of things that you must do for yourself and if you don’t, no one else will. In other words, you always have to take the first step in finding what you’re looking for. You have to put yourself out there and be confident about it. One thing I constantly remind myself is that we are all here for the same thing. To learn. I tell myself this when I feel like I’m shying away from asking any questions I have because if I don’t help myself first and foremost, I can’t expect anyone else to help me. 

I felt really lost my first week in City Tech. Being the organized person I am, I honestly felt like a complete mess. I wasn’t certain on how to do some things but I think by this week I’m getting used to them. Additionally, I believe that im learning a lot about myself. For instance, I know my limits and the way I like to study and take notes. 

I realized that everyone here is doing their own thing. Education in college is taken way more serious than in highschool. No one is here to play games or waste time because our futures actually depend on it. Everything we do should be preparing us for whatever comes next. Especially when you are associated with a health major. 

In all, I can tell that these next years of my life will have many challenges but much success as well. With hard work and dedication, I know I can achieve my goals. I’m not expecting it to come with ease, so I hope that I can deal with whatever life throws at me. This experience will for sure be a memorable one and I want to make the best out of it.

One thought on “Bio 1101 Extra Credit Hw”

1. Life itself is a challenge. Education is obviously a big challenge. I am sure you can overcome all the difficulties with your hard working ethics, and dedication. Determination is the key to be successful! I wish your successful college life.