CoffeeHouse #1

The Article “Where I Learned How to Read” by Salvatore Scibona was written in a first-person point of view. Salvatore spoke about how he was trying best to fail out of school. He was making only $3.85 an hour at KFC which he enjoyed. He didn’t like being in school because he wasn’t good at it, and he didn’t bother to ask for help either. Every time he gets a report card, he burns it on the stove in his job. He thought he could get re-positioned anywhere in the country to work for KFC. Eventually while exploring, he found about a college call St. John’s which he wanted to attend. He decided to get himself together so he could be admitted into the school. In his classes at school, he discovered how much he enjoyed reading. Overall, I liked this reading because even though you might not find your purpose in life, there is going to be something that crosses your path to change your point of view on everything. I can relate to his story because I was a person who didn’t take school seriously until I realized it is needed to make a better future for myself.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Great post Mike. Keep up the clarity and the details.

-Prof. Scanlan