Coffeehouse #1

This first person pov story shows how reading impacted the narrators life in a positive way. He begins the story introducing how much he despised school. Surprisingly he actually tried to flunk out of high school intentionally, only to work the job he loved so much paying him $3.85 an hour. I believe most young people can relate to a certain extent. Many young people, myself included, hated school growing up. I don’t think it was to the point where we’re trying to flunk intentionally but he would grab most readers attention. This story shows how he was lost in life with no real ambition aside from longing for the colonel to hire him anywhere in the world. He was leading himself down a path filled with struggles… He was introduced to reading before college and his life took a sharp turn for the better. He found his love for reading and did everything in his power to attend St Johns college. He had no hope in life until reading and college was introduced to him. It goes to show that in life there is always the light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what you’re going through nothing lasts forever. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and find your purpose and what makes you happy.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Great post Ousain. Good writing and fine lesson.

-Prof. Scanlan