Our City Tech OpenLab Home

Conclusion

Throughout my annotated bibliography, I had found many difficulties finding very good quality research on NCAA athletes needing to be paid. This is because a lot of the website I had found had good reason and points supporting my topic but too many writers weren’t reliable or had the accomplishments to authenticate their work and I didn’t want all my paragraphs to have non-reliable writers so finding the writers that both had accomplishments through writing career and also supported my topic with good evidence was really tough. In my annotated bibliography I wanted each body paragraph to correlate or set each other up. For example, the first body paragraph was on how the possibility of paying athletes was really high because they generate billions of dollars which is more than enough to pay the athletes. Then I followed up by attacking everyone counter claim to my topic which is how all athletes should be happy they get a free education to school which is totally wrong because I wanted the readers to know that not everyone has a luxury life to take care of themselves or even there families while in college and paying them would help reinsure some money to help support them and their family financially. Lastly, my last body paragraph was really important because it broke down the life of a college athlete and even threw in a potential average pay for each player. Looking back at all my research, what really surprised me is knowing that athletes practice almost around 40 hours a week which is literally a full-time job and sports are very dangerous so being paid should be essential. I also feel that there isn’t only one part of this paper that I feel is the most important because each of the paragraphs tells something equally important but just in a different way look at how the NCAA not paying the athletes and keeping the money that wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the athletes is crazy. The people that should already have a good idea of what I research and maybe already go through it are the athletes that are or had been playing in college and the fans watching at home. In conclusion, changing the way college is run for athletes should be a priority because remember not everyone is going to make millions in the pros only a selected few and the rest are left out.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Thanks for posting this.
    -Prof. Scanlan