Ubaiduloeva Zarrina

English 1101, Prof. Scanlan

Date:04/06/2021

Divorce in the different cultures.

Annotation #2

1.Muminov, Odil. Personal interview. April 6, 2021.

2. I conducted an interview from my husband to get some knowledge about divorce in our country and conduct some information to write it in my research essay. I asked several questions, which were based on how man feel and thinks about divorce. Furthermore, it was very helpful for me to analyze and make research about divorce in different cultures and divorce in general.

-Why do people divorce?

– Each divorce has its own reasons. For example, a friend of mine Oscar divorce from his wife because he had game addiction. His wife tried her best to treat his addiction, but nothing helped. After trying to solve this issue for 5 years she gave up on the marriage.

-Tell me about divorce in your country (Tajikistan). Why do people divorce there? What are the main reasons?

– I assume, that the first and major reason of divorce in my country is the intruder of husband’s relatives in couple’s life and all the relatives are trying to point out what to do, how to behave and obey to all of them. In most situations, the main person who destroy the young family is the mother-in law. The second reason of divorce is arranged marriages. Parents decide instead of you who will be your partner in life and with whom you have to have relationship. The third reason is when you marry to your relative. It is normal in my culture to get marry to your cousin or niece. Moreover, my cousin is working at the City Clerk and told me that in the last 10 years divorce cases had been dramatically increased.

In conclusion, Odil Muminov thinks that couple which is married already or the person who is preparing to marry has to be ready for the difficulties during the marriage life, both of partners have to be more patient, forgivable and trust his partner in life, in order to prevent divorce. Divorce in always stressful for both partners.

3. I think that interview with Odil Muminov is a good beginning to conduct source about cultural differences in divorce and it was helpful to write a research essay. Also, he told me a good, important information about divorce in Tajik culture based on his friend’s and relative’s experiences.  

4.Based on Odil’s experience and knowledge while he was living in his hometown and the information, which he gave me is not very reliable but very meaningful and important. He told me his opinion and his friend’s experience, however, not everybody lives and has the same opinion as the interviewer. Everybody is different, but the majority of our culture behaves and thinks like my husband. I think that different culture has different attitude toward divorce.  

5. Odil’s short interview is good and useful for the audience who wants to know more about divorces in different cultures. This information is very interesting and knowledgeable for the intended group of people who research this issue and also for the general public.

6.“The rising cases of divorce in my country is the big threat for the institution of family.” This quote is very significant and meaningful because it reinforces the thesis of my research essay and figures the bad effect of divorce to family institution.