Our City Tech OpenLab Home

Kai’s Personal Narrative

A major learning experience that I can recall is one that I regret and would never forget. I believe when I was 15 or 16 years old, I had a dog named Mopi at the time which was a Boston terrier type of specified dog. I used to be best friends with the dog when I was younger because it grew up with me, and my brother who is older than me got it from a pet store around the time I was born so I grew up with the dog. I used to take that dog out all the time to the park and everywhere possible because I loved seeing him happy. Basically, I did that over and over till when he grew very old, and I didn’t know that dogs died at such a young age mainly because of my lack of education on dogs at the time so when my dog died when I was 15 or 16 years old, I felt so hurt because he was my best friends like I had said earlier I’d taken him all over he was always by my side. Sometimes I just feel that he will always be by my side and I appreciate him every day for making me smile all the time. You might be saying “Where is the major learning experience in this story” and the major learning experience is how thinking at the time how my dog lived a short life made me really appreciate how healthy I am and when I remember the good old days back when I was running in the park with him just makes me always want to live life happy and with no regrets. His death is made realize how the people close to you at any time could lose their life in a snap of a finger and telling them that you loved them is something that should be done all the time.

Sincerely, Kai Campbell

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Great insight and reflection.
    -Prof. Scanlan