Professor Kate Poirier | D052 | Fall 2022

Introducing Jason Chen

To start things off, I think it’s right for me to say that I am a rather quiet person who keeps to myself for the most part. Following the list of suggestions in the intro, I do not mind being referred to with any pronouns (unless interacting with an unfamiliar person online). I recently changed my major to Mathematics Education seeing as I don’t really know what type of future I would lead going down with just a Computer Science major. I don’t have very much plans after graduation but I would like to find a suitable job. I don’t have much other interests, for the most part, taking interest in what I am dealing at hand. I have no skills or talents whatsoever nor anything to really be proud of. I can’t say I have a favorite book but a couple that comes to mind when I think of the ones I have enjoyed includes the books from “The Series of Unfortunate Events” and books by Jack London like “White Fang”. As for my favorite animal, I like rabbits because I find them cute. As for me, the pandemic, aside from the general “wear a mask, do things online”, it felt rather normal for me as if I’m used to this type of lifestyle so I can’t say it has much of an effect on me. While it did change the way how we lived, I can’t say it had too much of an impact on me as it did on many other people’s lives. To end it all… this was the first picture that caught my attention on my PC so I guess I’ll leave this here since it was over one of the points.

1. Kate Poirier

OMG cute pic!

I’m glad you crossed out the part about your skills and talents. I have a feeling some of your skills and talents will be revealed this semester!

It’s neat that you liked White Fang. I’ve been reading more classics lately, but I haven’t ever read any Jack London. I did go to this cool bar in Oakland once where Jack London apparently hung out (it’s in a neighborhood now called Jack London Square). The bar is super old fashioned and was constructed from an old whaling ship. When we stepped in there were a bunch of old guys sining sea shanties… we were like, “Whoa, did we just step back in time???” It was a pretty fun night!