Prof. Jessica Penner | OL10 | Spring 2021

Felix Mejia, Meet my Ring

Like 6 months ago while I was deep cleaning I found a ring in one of my drawers, I didn’t recognize it at first but then i knew where it came from, it was  a ring a stole from my friend! ( Or at least that’s how I like to say it happened) it was a ring that my friend used to use in High School, I remember liking it because of how it reflected with light and the accent it has in the middle. I thought it was great and after asking for him to give it to me, he gave it away!. I was so happy afterwards and I wore it for a couple of months and then I decided to store it.

After I found it again, I remembered him and the memories we had together and I decided to wear it again in his memory, since we haven’t talked in a while I think wearing it now is like an honor to  my old  friend. I’m sure it has not monetary value but it does bring me some peace of mind. It also became one of my beacons of tranquility. I tend to stress a lot or get anxious in public environments but feeling the ring with my thumb and putting some pressure on it releases some of that internal pressure.  Since then I’ve been wanting to buy more rings with similar structure and feeling 🙂

1. Zlancaster

One of the best parts of your story is the fact that rings are usually used to represent joyous occasions and in this case, they did, but not the usual ones. Great story Felix I like the application of the ring in everyday life to relieve stress, very relatable
    When you get other rings will you keep this somewhere safe as a memento or have multiple on at the same time?

2. Christina C.

Your story is very cute in the most positive way. I liked how your friend just gave you the ring they wore with no questions asked. They may not realize that to this day their ring still has a value and purpose. How long ago did your friend give you the ring ?

3. NadreaPT

I like the fact that you asked your friend for the ring and he gave it to you just like that! I’m glad you found this ring and it made you wear it in honor of your friend since you guys haven’t spoken in a while.

4. Joselin

I think it’s really sweet you kept the ring even if your friendship has drifted apart! Do you ever think you’d contact your friend again because of the ring?

5. Ariel Itshaik

I truly enjoyed reading your story and how such a small piece of jewelry can bring back so many memories.

6. aaamrin

Your friend is so sweet wow! I really love how you said wearing your ring as an honor to your friend. I find that so cute and I’m so glad that you still have it and can always reminisce the memories!

7. Eamon Bolger

that was so nice of your friend to give you that ring, While maybe it was a nice gesture in his eyes that might be something that you will remember forever as it is something to remember him by. Like you said wearing it is like honoring an old friend, and I think that is a great reason why that ring means so much to you!