Dear Future Student of English 1141,

Hi! My name is Nadrea!It’s nice to meet you. As you read this, you’re probably wondering why you’re reading this or why I’m writing this. I’m getting to that point right now. You are taking English 1141 and I took this same course last semester. I’m here to give you a heads up for what this course will entail. So get ready! During my semester of taking this course, an assignment that resonated with me was writing short stories. It stuck with me because I was able to create a creative story. In this class, my creative side was able to come out through Professor Penner and my classmates feedback because I’m not really a creative person without the help of others. I also found short stories compelling because I was able to create my own story and I wasn’t limited! I had fun creating short stories and I hope you will too!

My experience as being an online student is that it’s tough. It’s not easy at all! At times I struggled with assignments and I felt overwhelmed. Being an online student isn’t fun but to cope with this experience, honestly I had to pray(I’m not sure what you believe in). But I had to pray and praying helped because God is my helper!! Relying on someone to help you even if it’s God or even someone that your close too can big a huge help! This honestly was how I got through being an online student and just going through this major change and how I get through life in general, prayer! Praying is key because God hears you!!I succeed because of prayer and the support of my Professor and classmates. I hope that you have someone that you can rely on because it really helps especially with being an online student.

Overall, this was an amazing class! Thank you Professor Penner for being such a great Professor and being a sunshine! Throughout this course, I learned that even though you may not be good at something once you try and get into it you see that you can actually do it. I can take this lesson and use it in life and future classes because sometimes we judge a class or judge someone or a life experience by what we see but sometimes we have to just try it out and see how it turns out. It’s only two ways it can go, it’s either it goes well in the long run or it went horrible but then you have something to share. This was a great class, I enjoyed it and I hope you will too future student of English 1141. A tip- have fun with this class.