Ever since my childhood I was never a fan of getting wet or being in the water, it made me feel out of place and even made my skin crawl. I always went down fighting when my mother told me to go and take a bath, but I never could escape her clutches and, I always considered it to be a nightmare. When I was asked to join the expedition going into the Mariana Trench by the head of the engineering department at Subnautica industries to help manage any problems that were encountered I almost laughed in his face. I’m an engineer, not an explorer, the most adventurous part of my daily routine is dodging Shannon the witch of the drafting department on my way to get my morning coffee. I worked in the field, in well-temperatured offices and workshops, not damp hunks of metal with enough pressure to pop me as if I was under one of those hydraulic presses you always see in YouTubes recommended videos. If all this was true then why, WHY DID I AGREE ON THE BLINK OF AN EYE!? Was it to please my superior? was it for a raise? praise? I don’t know but now I’m going to be submerged under millions of gallons of my least favorite thing in the world, water. Two weeks passed and the day was finally upon me, the day I had been dreading since the day I agreed to do this ludicrous thing. As I boarded the submarine I took one last look at the land, as if it was the last time I was ever going to see it, and entered the submarine. When I looked out the window my eyes lit up, the light from the surface glittered through the ocean as if the heavens were reaching out hundreds of fish swimming through my line of sight as if we were watching a movie, Its didn’t seem real, yet I knew that it was. My faced was painted with disbelief, I never knew something I had repulsed for so long could ever be so beautiful. I realized then why I choose to take the job. It wasn’t for praise or for recognition but to fill my own sense of adventure that had been starving its whole life.