Prof. Jessica Penner | OL10 | Spring 2021

Carlon Richards,critique Jones work

The writing was very detailed, the author knew how to grab his reader’s attention. Some of the details in the story came off as unnecessary information but helped us to visualize the memory of the narrator. The relevance of these details tell us how important and how relevant this memory was to the narrator. Further into the story we find out that she can’t read or write. The narrator lets her readers know she doesn’t like teachers, it was all foreign to her and she was never in a learning environment like a school before. 

1. Felix Mejia

I agree that the writer was putting a lot of detail into what it was describing. I feel like in a sense it might mean that this memory was really important to the character and that’s why she remembers with such detail something that happened in her childhood.

2. Zhen Deng

I agree with Carlon because the writer wrote down so much detail in his story, which helps readers to imagine in their head what happened on that day. The amount of detail convinces us this could be real.

3. Eamon Bolger

I definitely agree I feel like when she was describing her story it really grabbed my attention with her writing, I also do like as the story progresses we learn more about the writer.

4. NadreaPT

I agree with Carlon because the author was very detailed in his writing piece. I also agree with how the information mentioned about the girl’s first day of school does show us how important it was to her.