I don’t have any friendships that have been significant to me. I appreciate my friends and the time I spent with them however, nothing significant has come out of it. Even the times I spent around various friends groups and friends wouldn’t be significant because it was always downtime between things. This lack of ā€œsignificantā€ friendships may come from no long time friends and zero effort spent attempting to keep in touch.

Besides no keep in touch, I don’t have long time friends because whenever I changed schools, from elementary to middle, middle to high and even high to college, there have been a max 8 people I have known. For high school especially this was true as no one from my middle school came with me. 

Though friends I haven’t known for a while could be significant, I struggle to think of any interaction that I could deem significant with friends I have known for a short time.

Even subconsciously, any time I interacted with a friend I didn’t believe that was a turning point in our relationship or an important day in my life.

I may be undervaluing everyday interactions between friends but if those didn’t happen, it would make or break my day, class or year. After some thought, though it may seem critical I can say with 100% certainty remembering every school year up to now that I never had a friendship that was notable, extraordinary or even impressive.