Prof. Jessica Penner | OL10 | Spring 2021

Christina Cantone, Meet My Snow Boots

My snow boots were very important to me; they hold very fond memories. They were white, mid calf, waterproof, with a fluffy gray interior. I had gotten them from a Payless shoes store in Queens center mall. I had the boots for approximately 8 Winters before the wear and tear became too great to continue wearing them out. This is my first winter with new boots and it takes some getting used to.

I will always have wonderful memories of the winter with these boots because of the activities that accompany the season. The boots have seen me through snow, ice, slush, and the greyish black snow that occurs in the streets. My Adventures with my boots have not been limited to the city but have extended to Upstate New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Vermont. So when getting rid of them this past spring, it was a difficult task that made me reminisce of the both good and bad that these boots have seen me through. 

My favorite activities the boots have seen me through is sledding, skiing, and snow tubing. These are the things I look forward to in the start of each new winter. The adjustment of new shoes has been slow and steady but I think one day I will be fully comfortable with them. Getting rid of my old pair was a necessary evil that needed to be committed but, all good things must come to an end. I believe that with every end comes a new beginning so, even though I had to discard something with nostalgic value I look forward to the new adventures I will make. My white, mid calf, waterproof  boots will always hold a special place in my heart. 

1. Zhen Deng

What a meaningful pair of shoes! I like the colore scheme of the design , and it must be very comfortable to wear. Sorry to hear that you had to throw them away, I hope your new pair of boots can bring you even more wonderful memories in the future.

2. Michelle

I liked how you traveled to many places and enjoyed the time with the boots. Throwing them out must have been hard especially because it contained so many memories.
    Did you buy the same boots? If you did, would you consider buying another style of snow boots?

3. Aaron Moore

Those are really pretty boots. I emphasize with having a pair of beloved shoes, specifically white, as I first started wearing AF1s in May of 2016 and haven’t looked back since. I genuinely could wear them almost exclusively. With that said, have you tried or considered looking for the same, or a similar pair of boots to replace the old ones?