Back when I was in high school, I had a minor disagreement with my friend Chris. We had our disagreement about which class was better, our U.S. history class, or world history class. Chris and I both never liked history, but I preferred U.S. history over world history, while he preferred world history over U.S. history. He was telling me that how U.S. history class was boring for him and that he didn’t find it as interesting as he did with world history. While my argument was that in world history class the teacher would give us a lot of homework and give us quizzes every week. This disagreement began at our senior year of high school during our lunch period. Chris brought up the question, “which history class did you like better, U.S. or world history?”. I said “U.S. history” and this is where our argument started.

My friend Chris looked so confused when I first told him that I preferred U.S over world history class. He looked confused, because he thought I felt the same way about world history as he did. He gave me that “what are you talking about?” look. Then I straight up told him that our world history teacher gave us a lot of unnecessary homeworks which we barely talk about in class. He was telling me how U.S. history makes him fall asleep in class and that he didn’t like the teachers teaching style. I personally didn’t have any problem with the teacher’s teaching style. I was telling him how U.S. history didn’t have that much material that we had to memorize compared to world history. After that he said “that is true but I still prefer world history over the U.S.” At that point I didn’t want to drag it on any longer and I realized it was a matter of preference and that it was our opinion at the end of the day.