June 21st Walking Tours

Today was a beautiful day to be in Paris. We started our day at 9:30 am meeting in the hotel lobby and we headed towards the Luxembourg Gardens to hear our first walking tour of the day present. The Luxembourg Gardens are extremely pretty if you ever find yourself in Paris I definitely recommend you to stop by even if it is just for an hour or two and enjoy the beauty of trees, flowers, statues, and peaceful atmosphere. The walk from the train was a little far but in the end, it was definitely worth it. I think Victor and Maricel did a wonderful job presenting their research because it made me want to go explore the park.

1st Walking Tour

Victor and Maricel presenting to us their research.

Pond in the center

This is a pond located in the center of the Garden where people can come and sail mini boats

Le Medici Fountain

Fountain that was built around 1630

Closer View

A closer view of the detail in the statues

After roaming around the Gardens for a bit we made our way towards the famous Notre Dame de Paris for our second and final group presentation. The weather was nice out it wasn’t cold or extremely hot so we were able to walk Saint Michel Boulevard and see so many different shops and a few university buildings along the way.

University

Sorbonne University

walking

Walking on Saint Michel Blvd

The Notre Dame de Paris is just as beautiful I had already been over to visit it at the beginning of the week but I definitely didn’t mind seeing it again. Since they are still working and doing repairs on it from the fire there were barricades around it but not to worry we were still able to take nice pictures and admire the beauty of it. The Notre Dame group consisted of Aquille, Edith and Janelle. They did a great job as well and took us around Notre Dame de Paris so we could get a view of the back side of the church. We were also able to see a lot of details that decorate the church in the outside.

walking tour group 2

Janelle, Aquille and Edith

Seine River

A view of the Seine River

Notre Dame

The front of Notre Dame de Paris

back

The back of Notre Dame de Paris

So far I think we are all loving and enjoying this experience, Paris is beautiful.

Thank you for reading, have a great day!