Introduction to Open Educational Resources
You’re invited to learn more about free and open educational resources (OER) and how they can support instruction and student access to course materials.
Workshops are offered on two upcoming dates:
Monday September 19th, 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Wednesday September 28th, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Participants are encouraged to bring questions; no level of familiarity with O.E.R. is required. Workshops will be conducted remotely over Zoom.
- This workshop will provide an introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER) and related topics such copyright, Creative Commons licensing, Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC), and where to find free and open materials in your discipline.
- Part-time faculty who participate will be compensated at their hourly non-teaching adjunct rate for attending.
Questions about this workshop? Please contact Cailean Cooney at email@example.com
Want to suggest a tailored workshop? Contact us.
One-on-one & Small Group Consultations
- Making your Course Materials Accessible
Your syllabus is the roadmap to your course: the first place students look for readings, assignments, and more. But what if students can’t access the syllabus, for accessibility reasons? In this consultation, we’ll take a close look at your syllabus from an accessibility viewpoint: considering font choices, hyperlinks, headers, and PDF conversion. We’ll also talk about CUNY Academic Works, the institutional repository, with the goal of uploading your syllabus for greater visibility.
Set up a consultation.
Faculty Development Programs
- 2022-2023 Call for O.E.R. Fellows
-Deadline to submit proposals: 9/15/22
Consult the call for proposals.
- Faculty O.E.R. Fellowship
The O.E.R. Fellowship is a faculty development program which supports faculty in replacing textbooks with no-cost open/alternative course materials. Fellows will curate an O.E.R. over the semester to replace a textbook as the only required material in a course they will teach the following term. Refer to the Spring 2021 O.E.R. Fellowship application for reference.
- Environmental Scan working groups
Faculty members conduct an environmental scan for free and open materials in their discipline to identify areas of coverage and gaps, to better inform the use of O.E.R. in a discipline / program. Browse the environmental scan project template for reference.
- Returning O.E.R. Fellows Course Conversion
The Returning O.E.R. Fellows Course Conversion program is a way for former fellows to build upon the knowledge gained during the original fellowship. Fellows will curate an O.E.R. over the semester to replace a textbook as the only required material in a course they will teach the following term. Browse the Spring 2021 Course Conversion call for more information.
- Authorship projects
Faculty interested in authoring O.E.R., contact O.E.R. Librarian Cailean Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss support and funding options.
- O.E.R. Module– offered as part of City Tech’s Online Learning Seminar for hybrid and online teaching.
Print this page