ENG2201 Spring 2023

Week 3 Assignment

I think this book helped me to have a greater understanding of what life was like in the early 1800s. In the adventure of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain demonstrates Huck Finn’s struggles to find freedom.. The aggressive, inebriated father of Huckleberry Finn who forcibly takes his son to live with him at the beginning of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is known as Pap Finn. He never gave huck any chances to get education. He would also ask huck for money to buy alcohol, a father who took advantage of his child. Eventually he tries to fake his own death so he can escape from his drunken father. He runs into Jim, a runaway slave and they escape. Huck and Jim both wanted freedom. The central issue of the work was the struggle between freedom and a civilized society.

1. Mark Noonan

Good overall discussion Nawal but I recommend focusing on a single scene and some lines to really bring out your excellent points.

Please be sure, too, to post properly (for next week).

Here are directions:

GO TO “COMMENTS” ON THE TOP OF MY POST. SCROLL DOWN (past other student posts) TO THE TEXT BOX BELOW AND WRITE YOUR RESPONSE. BE SURE TO ALSO “PUBLISH.”