Internship

During my second year at City Tech, I applied to the CUNY Service Corp Program. I was ecstatic when I found out I had been accepted. Last fall, at the start of my third year, I began an internship for the CUNY Service Corp. I became a POSH Events Assistant for the non-profit organization the Lighthouse Guild.

Everyday workingĀ here hasĀ been fun and I’ve met a lot ofĀ great people. Throughout my internship, I’veĀ beenĀ in a very professional setting assisting POSH special directors with administrative, research, and writing duties, helping to coordinate public relations campaigns, coordinating donor outreach, helping to boost and encourage participation in events, and handling designer and couture clothing and accessories received by donors. Working here at the Lighthouse Guild has definitely taught me is to multitask! Right now, our annual benefit POSH Affair dinner is coming up and things are as busy as ever. Currently, IĀ amĀ in the process of inviting and following up with clients and donors about attendingĀ our event along with my everyday duties.