My Ending at Captiv8

As soon as I had completed working one hundred hours, I emailed my evaluation to Juan. I only had a few more days left before I was completely finished with my internship so I wanted to be sure that I ended things on a good foot. During the time that I sent Juan my evaluation and my final day at Captiv8, I made sure that I reminded him about my evaluation. When my last day had finally arrived, Juan had my evaluation and time sheet ready for me. To my surprise, Juan decided to discuss my evaluation with me in detail. After all my work was complete and I had submitted everything, we went to the conference room for our discussion. Juan went over each category with me and explained why he rated me an ‘Excellent’ in everything. The only category that I did not receive an ‘Excellent’ in was ‘Intern’s Use of Time’. I received a ‘Very Good’ in that category. Juan explained to me that I did take longer doing some things than I should have. This was my first internship that my employer ever told me that. I usually work very quickly and am used to people telling me that. I suppose that it was different in this case because I wanted to make everything as perfect as possible.

I have learned a few things from working at Captiv8. I was an intern and I started at the very bottom. I learned that making mistakes is okay because accepting help and taking constructive criticism from the higher-ups are important in making you’re internship a successful one and doing great work. I also learned that timing is essential, especially in my field and learning as many shortcuts and being an efficient worker makes doing assignments go by even quicker. What you do with your time at the office is up to you and that’s why you should be making the most of it. Lastly, I learned that articulating your ideas and decisions is critical especially in the workplace. Since it’s unlikely that you will only be speaking to the person you are working with or directly working for, it is vital that you know how to answer any questions that come your way.

These are just a few designs I did while at Captiv8:

Download (PDF, 149KB)