Visual Quote Project

Visual Quote Project

For this Visual Quote project, I decided to use “Never feed him after midnight” quote from the movie “Gremlins”. I wanted to use this quote because I use to watch this movie a lot with my sister, and she was the one who showed it to me.

Sketches

This is my first concept I thought of where there a clock with the quote fitting in the clock, with the hour hand and minute hand hitting the top that means midnight. I wanted to draw out a clock because I want it to show it’s midnight where it’s the time when you can’t feed the Gremlins.

This is my second concept where there a evil Gremlin’s eye, and put the quote inside it’s eye. I wanted to draw the Gremlin’s eye after it was fed after midnight when it turns evil. I want it to look like it’s angry, and it’s giving that evil stare.

This is my third concept where I made the quote as a shadow hitting the wall. I wanted like the Gremlin walking during at night in the hallway or another room and all the shadows are formed into the quote.

Visual Quote Project: Concept 1

For concept 1, I try to make the clock look like a full moon with a dark blue background color to make it look like it’s night time. Also fitting the quote inside the clock, and putting the quote marks outside the clock. Putting the hour and minute hands hitting midnight. Putting claw marks to make it look like the evil Gremlins are scratching it.

Download (PDF, 141KB)

Visual Quote Project: Concept 2

For concept 2, I wanted to draw out the evil Gremlin’s eye and scales, and also adding that glare/shine on the eyes. I changed my idea for putting the quote on the iris because it’s going to look so small that you can’t see it, so I put the quote on the bottom of the eye.

Download (PDF, 50KB)

Visual Concept Project: Concept 3

For concept 3, I wanted to make the type a shadow hitting the wall at first but I wanted to make the type creating a shadow so I draw out a moon because it’s a night time theme and putting it in the back of the type and it has a shadows coming out. Also I wanted to put scratch marks on the type like the one in concept 1.

Download (PDF, 103KB)