Internship #6: Balloon Dog

I was still getting settled into my internship and discovering that everyone has a different workflow. We are each given different tasks depending on the skill we possess to research our tasks and pull together our ideas. For example, we receive a photo and then we each come up with ideas on how to change and edit the photo to provide at least 5 different responses. Because I was mostly dedicated to animation I was given a task by my boss. Brian wanted me to come up with different animation ideas that we could just use in animations targeted towards girls. I was given a good amount of time to research anything I needed and was given helpful tips by Brian to look up Facebook or Instagram to gather ideas on what would appeal to them most. This is when I went into my sketchbook and just started drawing. I didn’t know exactly what I wanted draw I just knew it had to be something cute. I sent a couple hours just thinking up different ideas for different animations. Finally at the end of the day I pitched my ideas to Brian but one specifically caught his eye.

concept1 concept2

I had this idea to use cute animals and give the animals the same head shape but different features and colors and made and example of this and included one with the animal being a dog strapped to different colored balloons. He threw out the whole different animals thing and loved the idea of a dog tied to different balloons, he then asked me to animate it. I spent the rest of that day animating the balloon dog and he loved it but kept trying to make the dog cuter and simpler till we finally arrived to the animation you see below.

balloondog