Internship #7: Balloon Dog Part 2

As soon as the animation was finished the very next day I was asked to include the animation in many different ways into a picture of a baby. I was asked to first remove and fix a couple of elements and then include the dog. I worked on this for a couple of days working out the timing and entrances the dog would have. I created in total 4 different ways for the animation to be used but the last one was a bit of a challenge. I hadn’t put so much focus on my animation skills recently because I was focusing more on my illustration skills. But I find myself having fun working on animation especially when I have to figure out a challenge.

2dog 1dog

3dog

The last animation I created needed for the dog to sit on the couch at the end of his entrance. To do this I took alot of time to picture how this would look and how it would need to be animated but I was happy with how it ultimately came out. I had one more challenge to figure out.

4dog

Although I had finished the animations I had one big problem. The gif files were too large to send over email to show my boss. This was because i didn’t know how much space gif files take up. I had to research several ways to send them at first I thought I’d send them as mov. files but my version of flash wouldn’t convert the files correctly. So I had to find another way to send the gifs, I saw online that the file size can be reduced through photoshop. This could only be done if i reduce the image size, and it worked.