Stonehenge

Arch 1120

Li, Shixin

Stonehenge

The video of the Stonehenge let me realize how big of the stones are. And even now, no one knows how ancient people created this huge structure. People thought the Stonehenge created by magic power because each of stone in Stonehenge is 4-70 tons. However, we still don’t know why they created such large stone structure in England.

This video help me to learn about architecture can relate with purpose, also need the power of people, also can relate with religion. When we study about architecture history, we need to think about how these structures created how people built them and used what kind of technique. Also need to think about why people want to create these structure, we need to know their purposes.

The video of Stonehenge is enjoyable, because I can see how people study about architecture history, and when they study about it, what kind of information they need. I think watching a video maybe is a better way than reading because sometimes reading is bored, and video you can look at the ancient building, not just a photo on the book. Also in the video there have people talk about their different opinions of the building, also tell us everything about the building. If this is reading, that will be long and bored. However, if it is possible, I would like to visit the museum, I think museum is a good way to study architecture because museum have the product from the ancient year, sometimes even just a model, still can tell you the scale, the purpose of the building, and how people used it.

From the production of these civilizations make me surprise because I think for studying architecture history, we just need to know when people built this building and why they built this building. But I think the most important thing that we need to know is how people built this building, what kind of technique did they use, and how this technique affect the architecture in the future time. When we study about history, maybe we just remember the time that the event happened, but when we study architecture history, we need to figure out the technique that people used in the building, and the purpose of people built this building. So this video teach me a lot about how people study about architecture history.