What is Architecture

Throughout the world there are many different forms of architecture. It is taught and learned differently from one corner of the world to the next. A lot of it is because of the different climates and terrains that regions have, so the architects must learn to work with the area they are given. There are many different reasons that someone would pursue architecture. Some want to be artists of the modern age using buildings as their canvas, others like the technical and scientific aspects, while others want to be philosophers and go into deep thought and solving problems that an architect is faced with.

I view architecture as the construction of problem solving. An architect is always faced with problems that require answers, which is essentially what he will be hired and paid to do. When a company requires a place to conduct themselves, they hire an architect to solve the problem and create a building for them. When someone needs an interior space that is both comfortable and appealing, they hire an architect to create what they dream. Even when a dentist’s office needs a sculpture to make his office unique compared to the others, an architect is there to solve the problem.  This is one major reason I am pursuing architecture, I enjoy solving problems and being innovative. I like to think deep and imagine what others simply cannot comprehend. I also like to draw and have an eye for detail, so it all seemed to tie together and point towards architecture.

Architecture is and always will be around the world. The technology may become more sophisticated, the techniques may change, and the meaning itself may also change, but it will always exist. There will always be problems to solve, therefor architects will always be needed. I believe even the most powerful of technology cannot contribute the same as a well-trained architects brain can do.