My nursing Philosophy

I have always believed that nursing was an honorable and dignified career in which I can make a direct impact on the lives of others. My mission as a nurse is to provide assistance with the attainment of human needs while developing a helping-trusting relationship with my patients. My philosophy consists of delivering scientific problem-solving methods for decision making while paying mind to the individuality of each person I come into contact with. I believe in providing culturally competent, unprejudiced care while fostering a supportive and protective learning environment.

I consider nursing to be a profession that supports faith and hope through meaningful communication and empathy for the patient. I believe in a holistic healing approach that integrates all aspects of the human and emphasizes the interconnectedness of mind, body, spirit, emotion, and social-cultural context. Nurses play a special and crucial role in the healthcare field as their patient teaching goes a long way beyond discharge. As a nurse I believe it is essential to advocate for the patient in order to provide autonomy for clients that may not have had the opportunity otherwise. As a nurse you are able to provide your patients with the gift of self, while promoting wellness on both the physical and emotional level.

I strongly believe in treating patients with honor, respect, and dignity; the way that I myself would like to be treated. I appreciate and cherish my unique role as a patient advocate as I believe it plays an integral part in providing patient-centered care. I always strive to maintain patient confidentiality and encourage my colleagues to do so as well. The core values and beliefs I hold while working as a nurse go home with me when I leave the hospital, as they remain constant. I am also a firm believer of continuing education, as the field of healthcare is ever changing and we as healthcare professionals must keep up with it. It is important to further our knowledge so that we can better help patients and that includes integrating evidence-based practice in our professional careers. It is my privilege to be a nurse and to be a part of such personal and trying times in the lives of those that I care for. It is a truly a gift to be able to experience personal satisfaction, while satisfying the needs of others.