I just finished cloning the course hub to create versions for each of your courses (list below). I invited all of you to join all of the course hubs – please accept these invitations (through the OpenLab).
I also created a Google Doc for us to discuss “What does an online lesson look like?” – please take a look and ADD YOUR THOUGHTS!
Some notes about course hubs:
- At this point the course hubs all look exactly the same, except for the name (which appears in the main header image). BEWARE: there are lots of places on the site that make reference to “MAT 1375” or “MAT 1375 Precalculus”, and part of your job will be to update these to the correct course. Some will be easy, some trickier – let me know if you run into trouble.
- You should feel free to play around with the course hub – making changes or trying things out. If you do something you don’t like, we’re happy to help get things back to how they were!
- I included a sample lesson from MAT 1375, based on my work last semester – BUT I plan to do some additional work on this (maybe driven by our “what does a lesson look like” discussion).
List of Course Hubs:
- MAT 1275 Course Hub– Ariane
- MAT 1372 Course Hub – Marianna
- MAT 1375 Course Hub – Jonas
- MAT 1475 Course Hub – Lin
- MAT 1575 Course Hub – Kate
- MAT 2680 Course Hub – Satish
Our next meeting is this Wednesday at 1pm. By then, please try to do the following:
- Join all the of the course hubs above (and let me know, so I can grant you administrative access to the one you are working on)
- Add your thoughts about lessons to the Google Doc.
- If you have time, play around with creating a lesson (feel free to just edit the existing lesson if you like) – we’ll talk more about this on Wednesday.