Hi everyone! Read through the material below, watch the videos, work on the Excel lecture and follow up with your instructor if you have questions.
- Create grouped probability distributions and histograms.
- Assign probabilities to events using counting methods, and probability distributions.
Topic. This lesson covers: Poisson Distribution
- Openstax Introductory Statistics:
- Introductory Statistics by Sheldon Ross, 3rd edition: Section 5.7
- Statistics with Microsoft Excel by Beverly J. Dretzke, 5th ed., POISSON(x,mean,false) P. 111 – 115
WeBWorK. Set 4.6
The mean number of accidents per month at a certain intersection is 3. What is the probability that in any given month four accidents will occur at this intersection?