The college has a number of free tutoring resources available:
1) The Mathematics Department provides free drop-in tutoring online by math specialists for many of our courses, including this one.
Tutoring is available in MAT 650, MAT 1190, MAT 1190 CO, MAT 1272, 1275, 1275CO, MAT 1372, MAT 1375, MAT 1475, MAT 1575, MAT 2440, MAT 2540, MAT 2675, MAT 2580 and MAT 2680
Mondays: 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm
Tuesdays: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Wednesdays: 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm
Thursdays: 12:00 noon – 7:00 pm
Fridays: 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
In the virtual classroom with the zoom url:
Alternatively use: Meeting ID: 875 4629 6316 and Passcode: 999123
Funding is provided by the Perkins Grant. Contact Prof. Satyanand Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tutoring follows the College’s schedule and there are no Tutoring on holidays.
2) The Atrium Learning Center, located in the basement of the Library (Atrium) building in room LG-18, provides free tutoring in most subjects, including mathematics.
Courses: MAT 1275CO, MAT 1275, MAT 1375, MAT 1475, MAT 1575, BIO 1101, BIO 1201, BIO 2311, and BIO 2312
Monday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm
You will need a computer or device with a microphone and webcam. You may schedule as many as three appointments per week. You will need your EMPLID at your appointment.
- Use this Setmore link to schedule a 30-minute one-on-one session with a particular tutor: https://thelearningcenternycct.setmore.com/
- Scheduling instructions:
After you’ve clicked one of the links above, Setmore will walk you through this process of scheduling an appointment:
- Select your discipline.
- Select your tutor.
- Select the date and time for your tutoring session (you must schedule at least one hour in advance).
- You can sign in with an existing account or you can click “Skip login process.”
- Enter your name and email address (you do not need to enter your phone number). Enter your course in the comments section and click “Continue.”
- On the confirmation screen, make sure “Yes send me a reminder email” is selected before you click “Book My Appointment.”
- You will receive a confirmation email which contains a link to “Join your call.” Make sure you click this link and set yourself up ahead of time so that you are ready at your scheduled session.
Prepare for your tutoring session:
You can access your appointment either in your browser or using the Setmore app using the link in your confirmation email. To prepare for your 30-minute session with your tutor, make sure you are ready to ask specific questions and have any materials you may need close by.
- Do you need the tutor to explain a concept to you?
- Do you need help with a particular example?
- Do you need help with a particular assignment?
Items to have with you:
- EMPLID (on your student ID),
- textbook (have it open on your computer if it’s an online textbook),
The ALC follows the college calendar. No tutoring is available on February 12, February 15, March 29- April 2, and May 18.
The last day of tutoring is May 21, 2021.
For more information, please contact Judith Rockway at email@example.com.