GCT 100 year Panel Video

The PBS panel video on GCT’s 100 year anniversary was.. interesting. There were a lot of facts and figures, which I guess one would expect since every person there was an expert of some form that related to GCT. I wasn’t really as vested in this video compared to some of the others that we as a class watched- perhaps this was a little too cut and dry for me.

One of things that I did find to be interesting was how much Penn Station cropped up in the conversation- which yes, of course I knew it would be mentioned at some point- but I felt as though while some of the panel members thought that it was a shame that Penn Station was destroyed, others thought it was more of a stand alone building and the destruction of it was inevitable, while GCT had more going for it, which is why it still stands today. This I can understand, since I know that GCT has its own income that stems from the retail space that businesses inhabit in and GCT.

I think if we were to have watched this video as an introduction to GCT it would have peaked more interest- but since we already ventured in detail about GCT, getting a skimmed version of it wasn’t very captivating.