LIB2205ARCH2205 Learning Places

active 1 year, 11 months ago
LIB2205ARCH2205 Learning Places
Architectural Technology, Hospitality Management, Library
LIB2205 / ARCH2205
Summer 2016

This special topics course offers an interdisciplinary approach to investigating our built environment using a case study focused on a specific place each semester. This course combines physical examination with information research and data collection using methodologies developed in multiple disciplines. Students from a variety of departments engage in on-site exploration and in-depth research of a location in New York City.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Nora Almeida, J A Montgomery, Susan Phillip

This course has been cloned or re-cloned 3 times; view clone(s).

100 Word Reflection

Citizen Jane was a moving documentary in how a women fought for her beliefs and her neighborhood. […] See More100 Word Reflection

Bowery Boys podcast reflection

Now I happened to listen to two Podcast and it was the one about Penn Station and the one about […] See MoreBowery Boys podcast reflection

Reflection of the second GCT video

I enjoyed watching this group discussion since you able to get so many point of views at one time. […] See MoreReflection of the second GCT video

Comment on "Aniqa, Byron & Joyia’s Podcast and Related Documents"

That's fine and dandy but the fact still remains that "your work" wasn't good at all. What you […] See MoreComment on "Aniqa, Byron & Joyia’s Podcast and Related Documents"

@Jwilliams- the aforementioned post was intended for the professors. You did not even ONCE ask me […] See MoreComment on "Aniqa, Byron & Joyia’s Podcast and Related Documents"

Additionally, if you look a little closer, you did not cite the book (format-wise) correctly. I […] See MoreComment on "Aniqa, Byron & Joyia’s Podcast and Related Documents"

Grand Central's Enginner William J. Wilgus and the Planning of Modern Manhattan

Jeury, Thank you. I do not think we appreciate how difficult and dangerous travel was 100 years ago and what an amazing visionary and "true pioneer " Wilgus was. See MoreGrand Central's Enginner William J. Wilgus and the Planning of Modern Manhattan

Grand central

THE HISTORY OF GRAND CENTRAL STATION Grand Central Terminal is one of the most historic landmarks in New York City. In 1869, "Commodore" Cornelius Vanderbilt bought the property between Forty-second and Forty-eight streets to build a new […] See MoreGrand central

Grand central terminal tour/ reflection- Vanessa.M

I enjoyed hearing about the historical information about grand central. the tour opened my eyes on how grand central was built and all the changes it took to rebuild. what I liked about the tour is when the tour guy took us underneath the train and See MoreGrand central terminal tour/ reflection- Vanessa.M