Our first site visit next week, and blogging assignment

Today we learned about one-point linear perspective and reviewed the site report template.

Looking ahead to next week, classes are not held on Monday, September 10 and Tuesday, September 11. The college is open, and the library is open 9-5 both days. On Thursday, September 13, we meet in our classroom at 2:30pm sharp for our first walking tour of our study site. Please come prepared to be out for 2 hours with a charged phone or camera and notebook and pencils for sketching. Your blogging assignment due Thursday, September 13 is one 100-word post. First read this opinion piece, “Urban Walking isn’t just Good for the Soul,” and then complete the following observational exercise: document the observations of your experience between your front door and the bus, subway, or parking space you use for your everyday commute. Post observations in a 100 word blog post.

2 thoughts on “Our first site visit next week, and blogging assignment

1. James

fter reading the piece ” Urban Walking isn’t just good for the Soul,” I could observe the beginning of my daily commute from leaving my front door to my subway to my destination in an interesting perspective.

From the moment of me leaving my front door to my destination (which is often a rushing time manner), I’m usually observing my commute based on my direction to the subway which seems to be approximately 2 blocks away. I’m usually running down 3 flights of stairs being the only accessible way to leave my apartment because my building does not have an elevator (being a very old building from the early 1900’s). It’s amazing how it still holds up (I say this with hope as well). I also live across the street from a park called ‘Poe Park’ in which lies a cottage from Edger Allen Poe himself. It seems fascinating how such a famous writer has a cottage just a block away from my home. Almost reaching towards the subway, I walk into an underpass which lies the B & D trains which connect to the underpass under a concourse parkway but the trains run above the underpass which is still underground. The architecture in this subway creation just blows my mind. Observing all these locations while heading to my destination makes my mind boggle and gives me a curious interest in the history of my local neighborhood.

2. James

After reading the piece ” Urban Walking isn’t just good for the Soul,” I could observe the beginning of my daily commute from leaving my front door to my subway to my destination in an interesting perspective.

*Correcting first post*