Assignment 5: The Politics of Research

Martin’s “Politics of Research” talks about how money is used to show how knowledge is able to be access.  The world revolves around money.  That is a fact that I personally hate.  I hate the fact that this world works that way.  If you have more money than someone else, then the person with money holds a higher rank than the person who has less.   However, in order to get knowledge, the person or group of people need money to get such info so people can get knowledge.  However, just like Martin says, funding does not alway gets results.  I have seen on television of several occasions about how people with money would pay a lot of money for medicine that would work the same as the cheapest medicine available.  However, they think it is more effective because it cost more.  Funding does not get results.  The results are found by people working together to get such a result.  This is the same as getting info.  Yes, money is needed if you want to learn more about what is underwater or in space, but money will only get to your destination.  It will not do the science to get information that everyone can use for papers or just to have knowledge about the topic.