Online Privacy

I always knew that protecting your identity online was very important, in addition to protecting it from outsiders. While I was reading the articles, the Facebook article stood out to me the most. I personally am a Facebook user, and when I found that whatever one posted on their Facebook would be seen by everyone, I was in an outrage because I personally don’t want to know what’s going on in that person’s life, nor do I want to see who’s dating who. But, it all boils down to how much information you as an online social networking user wants to reveal to other users. And nowadays, Facebook has changed its face, so whenever you’re doing something on Facebook, the whole world would know (figuratively speaking, of course). In the other articles, Mr. Marshall spoke about “cookies,” and how people could somehow use these cookies to alter what you say online.

Honestly speaking, in today’s generation, a person’s identity is found on the internet. More specifically, on these social networking sites that are used to get know someone else international or not, they’re divulging their personal information. Privacy is important, and it’s even more important online when there are people that can easily hack one’s profile. Hopefully, online can become a lot safer than it is now, one can only wish.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.