Something Old Something New

In chapter 8 of the text Research Stratagies Badke discusses a number of techniques aimed at streamlining the research process, “The connoisseur’s approach,” as Badke calls it. For the most part i found the majority of this information to be quite elementary. Most fifth grade students, at least the ones that went to PS 213, where masters at using the table of contents and the indexes to polish of their science homework in under 20 minutes. What I found useful was Badke’s suggestions one slicing through the thick rhetoric of journal and articles by seeking an abstract or attempting to locate the “key proposition.” I also thought that Badke’s suggestions on how to evaluate your sources to be valuable. With all the stuff floating on the Net, it’s very easy to run across websites that border on insanity. I like the fact that Badke includes many references to websites (some are Free) to assist you in your research.

One Response to Something Old Something New

1. darren732 says:

The words “trust yet verify” come to mind when dealing with information on the web.